Monday, January 24, 2011

The beginning...May 2, 2007- "In like Flynn"

I thought I was new to blogging, but then I remembered that I blogged tons when I first met my husband. So, this is going to refresh my memory of first love and give everyone out there some reading entertainment. I will start from the beginning.

This particular blog was written the week before I met my husband. I had just broke off the 3 week engagement to a man I had known for years and dated briefly in 2002. I left him in 2002 when I met the man I would be with for the next 5 years. When said man left me in early 2007 (karma, I tell ya), I reunited with the first guy and he quickly proposed. A few weeks later, I realized why I had left him the first time. Good guy, but just a "filler" so to speak. So, this was the day after the break up (and the 3k diamond ring I gave back).



I know these last few months have been full of twists and turns in my so-called life. I have made and broke more plans than most people do in a lifetime. I am just trying to get it right. Life for me has been nothing but a hassle and I just want to be happy. I have tried every angle possible in order to be happy and nothing ever pans out.  I finally realized that all this time I have been trying to replace something. And that is not fair to me or to anyone else. That situation is done and over with. I will never have it back and frankly, now that I realize that I don't need it, I really don't want it back. I have also come to the conclusion that I can be happy without shit loads of money (even though $ is nice to have). I can live comfortably and be happy with the person and not the pocket. I mean, I can't be with no broke ass guy, but I don't have to have a 3k diamond to make me smile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment