Monday, January 24, 2011

Getting deeper...September 18, 2007- "I don't mean to turn this into an 'All about Darrell website' but..."

he is just so amazing, I can't contain it! You know you found the right guy when you are putting your little girl to bed and he comes in and askes if he can lead the bedtime prayer. We held hands and he talked to Jesus and it was absolutely wonderful. It brought me to tears. Why? Because after 11 years of raising my little girl alone and praying alone with her every night, it felt like we finally have solid emotional support. Like we finally have the father that she needs.I remember being a small girl and having my daddy pray with me at night and feeling so safe afterwards. It was such a small gesture, but it could possibly have been the one thing that cemented this whole relationship together. If nothing else he is has ever done made me love him unconditionally, this did. A family that prays together, stays together. I know that sounds so corny, but it is so true. I swear, I thank God for the day that I walked down that hill and laid eyes on Darrell. For all the bad things that have happened in my life, God really made up for it by sending me this man.

No comments:

Post a Comment