Monday, January 24, 2011

Getting deeper...January 3, 2008- "First OB"

I went to the OB/GYN today for my first prenatal appointment. Other than the cold steel cervix crusher, it went rather nicely. I am 8 weeks and 3 days along. I am only allowed to gain 30 total lbs throughout the pregnancy because of the diabetes, and have already gained 10 of them....oy yoy! And because of the high risk of the pregnancy and the risk of stillbirth and/or an overly large baby, they will be taking the baby by repeat c-section at 36 1/2 weeks. Which makes the baby due almost to the day of my birthday. So, I am a little nervous, but everything will be ok. Darrell is pretty much a drill sargeant when it comes to my health, thank God...because I can't do it by myself. I am so lucky to have him. He is the absolute best man a girl could ask for. So, my next appointment is on February 5th and I will let you all know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment