Monday, January 24, 2011

Getting deeper...September 27, 2007- "One more thing about the bling"

For all of you who wonder, it was my mothers engagement ring. I told my momma 2 days before she died that if I was ever going to get engaged, I would use her engagement ring. I went and had the band re-sized and then I put it away for the right time. When Darrell dropped on one knee and asked me to marry him, I told him I wanted to wear my mommas ring. So I broke it out of hibernation and have been wearing it ever since. I am sure that he would have went and found me a beautiful engagement ring, but he knows how much it means to me to wear my mommas. And my momma would have absolutely LOVED Darrell. So I know it means alot to her too, looking down. And it is actually a beautiful ring. It "wows" the jewelers when I take it to get it cleaned. It is 99% flawless. It is just over a karat and is worth triple the amount of many diamond solitaires you would buy in a store. I know I sound like I am bragging, but my step-dad spared nothing when it came to my momma. He only gave her the best. So I am proud to wear this beautiful ring. I only  hope (and I know it will) bring Darrell and I as much happiness as it did for Matt and my momma.

No comments:

Post a Comment